- Do not forget Michael Brown
- Do not forget how the media dehumanized him and tried to justify his murder
- Do not forget how peaceful protests were painted as savage riots
- Do not forget police armed with military grade weapons terrorized and arrested black civilians
- Do not forget Darren Wilson being awarded over $200,000 in fundraiser donations for murdering an unarmed black child
- Do not forget that this system was not built to defend us, but to control us
- Do not forget Ferguson
I'm nothing special, but that's okay, it's fun to pretend otherwise! I feel at home in theatre mezzanines and bunk beds. I make messes and clean them up and I like my cats a lot. There's not much I don't like. I scream because I'm excited and write poetry because I'm scared.
To Kill a Mockingbird. Jon Bausor.
Regent’s Park, Open Air Theatre.
yea im a girl
yea i play video games
yea im a dude
of course i play fucking video games
im really a woman
yea im a girl
yea i play video games
HAHAHAAHA JK IM OLD GREGG
indeed i am a boy
indeed i play video games
HAHAHAHA JK IM A SWORDFISH
Yeah I’m an trans*guy
yeah I play video games
jk I’m actually a dad
IT GOT BETTER
"how are you going to look with all those tattoos when you’re old??"
rad as hell
Reblogging this babe
reblogging for the last shot
fun fact: she got them all after she turned like 37. all of them.“She said: ‘I love my tattoos but men don’t seem to feel the same. My appearance seems to scare them off. ‘I’ve only ever been on one date in seven years. That was through a tattoo-lovers dating site - but it didn’t last. ‘I think when men first look at me, they think I’m a bit rough. They mutter ‘look at the state of her’ under their breath. They don’t bother to get to know me.’ ”
Tribute to Steve Irwin, a guy who genuinely loved nature and animals.
This man was beyond real
"Crocodiles are easy. They try to kill and eat you. People are harder. Sometimes they pretend to be your friend first."
- Steve Irwin (r.i.p.)
another death i’ll literally never fucking get over
me in 70 years
i’m not even offended that quay tagged me in this it’s so true i’ll be buyin meat for my hunties
I count the inches between us with careful precision
to make sure we never touch.
I am afraid to know what would happen
if our knees were to accidently knock
so I make sure to drink slower than you
and count the space between us
because I am a carpenter today,
and I had a long day at work.
I spent my shift building a new person
out of the wrecking ball rubble
that is now splayed out everywhere
because I chose to accept myself.
In the morning I wrapped the feminine
pieces of me in tattered sections
of the old pattern skirts
I bought to trick myself into thinking
I wanted to be comforted by a man
whose calloused hands could only pretend
to have as many stories as my creaking knuckles
and returned them to sender
with a strongly worded letter
because I am a carpenter and I know
that the foundation they created
was too unstable to support anything.
The company that sent out the parts
had told me that there was
nothing faulty with their product,
but I had told them that
I am not an accident,
I am a piece of art,
and I deserve to be strong,
so I am making sure they
pay more attention
to their next order.
There are 5 point 3 inches
between our shoulders.
In the afternoon,
I collected all the bars that
once protected the windows to my soul
and crafted them into a playpen
for the child inside me.
I painted them the colours
of rainstorms and my eyes
and the shades of lipstick you’ve worn.
I think he’s going to like it a lot,
and is going to be a lot less scared
to know that having a comfort zone
doesn’t mean your body has to be
a prison camp.
Our hands our 12 inches apart.
At night is when I performed the majority of the construction.
I took my entire collection of strengths
and patch-worked the pieces into something new.
The ability to tie bow ties laid the foundation,
tiled with button-up shirts, binders, and sports bras
caulked with coffee and poetry
and decorated with a mosaic of 4 AMs with friends
who have spent the last year calling me handsome instead of beautiful,
furnished with eyeliner, lipstick, glitter, and snakeskin boots.
The way my pain has become my art
and the dances my heart has done
every time somebody has said they understand
carved out the doorway
and finally I was
a finished product.
Our feet are 2.3 inches apart
and I adjust so they are
I am a carpenter
and I was up all night
building my body into a home
and I am too tired to be able to judge
if you’d be okay with
me sharpening the dull curve
of my jaw with needles and time
into something so sharp and lethal
people wouldn’t dare to question me
lest I press it up against theirs
and ask them why
it’s their problem anyway.
I am a carpenter and my specialty
is my body, not your heart
so I make sure there are
14.6 inches between our feet,
13 inches between our hips,
6.5 inches between our chests,
18.2 inches between our lips
and a lifetime between our could have beens
so I don’t have to ask you
if what’s comfortable for you
will line up with what’s comfortable for me,
because I have been under construction
for too long
Hello everyone!!! So. Because I collect Hedwig and the Angry Inch merchandise practically in bulk, I’ve got extras of things and have decided to do a little bit of a giveaway! I’m also throwing in some hand-made stuff as a promotion for my HEDWIG AND YITZHAK IMPERSONATION CHANNEL that I’ve started with my friend!
WHAT THE WINNER WILL GET (THERE WILL ONLY BE ONE!!!)
- A Hedwig and the Angry Inch Opening Night Playbill (Mint Condition!)
- A promotional “Bring a cheap date” 3 dollar bill that was circulated when the movie first came out. (Also mint!)
- A hand-made Hedwig pin I pressed at a library fair!
- A CUSTOME MADE Hedwig and the Angry Inch-themed T-shirt! The one pictured is one I made for when I saw it when it first opened. It has been washed, worn, and stained multiple times and the glitter and paint stay in tact. I will design you a shirt based on your favorite song or theme from the show! Wow! Free custom art on your body!
- A copy of the updated Hedwig on Broadway script
- A package of Gummibarchen
- Some super glittery nail polish.
- A choice of two vintage playbills from my playbill collection! (NOT SHOWN. I have a huge stack and will send pictures/ect. to the winner.)
- A digital link to a special Hedwig surprise that is definitely not a Hedwig on Broadway with NPH bootleg, no, certainly not.
I WILL SHIP TO ANYWHERE IN THE U.S. AND CANADA! Anywhere outside of that I would ask for you to pay the difference in shipping cost, so be aware of that before you enter!
TO BE CONSIDERED:
- Must be following me! (rainerpism)
- Must subscribe to Hedwig & Yitzhak on Youtube! (Link above! Watch the videos! We’re funny and put a lot of work into what we do!)
- Must love Hedwig!
- Reblog only
- Can reblog multiple times. Go crazy!
A winner will be chosen using a random (number) generation on SEPTEMBER 12th. If the winner doesn’t contact with in 24 hours of announcement, I will choose someone else!
Gut luck, Hedheads!
Just a signal boost! Reblog, reblog, reblog!